My name is Tami and I am a recovering worrier. It was a horrible habit that I once had. I spent my days worrying about various things - my finances, my relationships, my work, my self-image, my expectations, my fears, my failures. I never gave any consideration to the law of attraction. You know the one that says you attract into your life whatever you think about... yeah that one. Here I was worrying and thinking about negative things and then I have the audacity to question why nothing good was happening to me! DUH!
Given the climate of our current economy, it is so easy to do. To worry about the deficit and how this will impact you. Perhaps you have been affected to a degree by the recession. But think about it...we aren't going into a recession. We are already there! You need to simply ride it out. What goes up must come down and vice versus. There is no reason to consume yourselves with worrying about every little thing. It's unhealthy and it's not conducive to your growth or outlook.
So let me ask you...what have you been thinking about today?
It's a startling question, isn't it?
Where have your thoughts been wandering off to? What type of energy (negative or positive) have you been directing and where have you been directing it? What have you been obsessing over? You, if no one else, knows what has been grabbing your attention in the deepest places of your mind. How much of that is uplifting, positive, visionary, hopeful, joyful, excitement or optimistic ?
How much of your mental energy is spent on the belief in your success? How confident are you that you will attain what you desire? Do you wonder about the beauty in the world around you? Do you have any gratitude for the blessings and abundance that you have been given, regardless of what that is?
I CAUGHT YOU! I know that I did. You wasted your beautiful, amazing, powerful, remarkable energy of the wrong stuff, didn't you? Uh-huh! I knew it!
So how do we get from unconsciously thinking about negative, uninspiring thoughts that limit growth to placing our thoughts and energies on those things that will initiate expansion, growth and elevation?
- DEVELOP A REMINDER SYSTEM: I have no idea what this might be for you or what works best for you. Put phrases on post-it notes on your mirror, front door, refrigerator and closet. Set reminders on your computer and cell phone. Ask yourself, "What are you thinking about right now?"
- FIND AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER: Find someone that will check you when you begin to think or speak negatively. Ask them to remind you to release your fears and stay focused.
- OPERATE IN A MINDSET OF INCREASE: This is a must! Every single time you handle money, your debit card or your checkbook, remind yourself what a blessing it is to have the means to support yourself and take care of the things you need to take care of and how you see your money increasing.
- LISTEN TO POSITIVE MESSAGES: Be selective about what you watch, the music you listen to and the speeches or conversations you hear. Be sure that the messages you hear and see are positive and inspiring.
- JOURNAL DAILY: This is the place to direct your negative thoughts. However, place a positive counter thought directly on top of it. Do this throughout the day until your positive thoughts outweigh the negative ones. Soon your journal will be filled with positive affirmations.
Your thoughts and your energy are precious commodities. You deserve to surround yourself with words and thoughts that do not lower your quality of life the way worrying does. Put your energy to good use. Your life, your family and your wedding planning business will thank you.