(Photo Credit | eco pecko)
Yes, you heard it right! We are so incredibly proud to announce that our event will have a GREEN tinge throughout the day. Here's what you can expect to find:
1. We will be featuring the uber-talented Eco-Designer, Deborah Lindquist, whose wonderful gowns, made out of sustainable materials and recycled fabrics, will grace our runway. Deborah will be on hand to answer your questions about how you too can don an eco-friendly gown on your Big Day! Click HERE to view our previous post on Deborah and her FAB gowns.
2. Dana LaRue, The Broke-Ass Bride, will be speaking to you about how you can infuse "green" elements and still be seriously elegant and luxurious. Dana is now a featured writer in the online magazine, Eco-Beautiful Weddings. In her words she’ll "be dishing up lean, green and nice advice and inspiration to empower you to have a bad-ass wedding while starting your new chapter of life on the right foot. Oh, and all while being smart and sassy. Because its not about how much you spend, its how you spend it, yo!"
3. Jill Velez of Copper Willow Studios will be joining us on stage to talk about the many uses of paper for your weddings in the session, "More Than Invitations...". Copper Willow’s stationery is printed on recycled paper approved by either the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Green Seal. Much of the paper is produced in mills using hydroelectricity or wind power, as opposed to machinery that releases potent toxins into the air during production. We use only soy based inks and use earth-friendly solvents and chemicals in production.
4. Speaking of incredible invitations... Laura Hooper Calligraphy will be providing a lovely little custom-designed product for you to take home and enjoy. She uses eco-friendly cotton paper for printing letterpress. If you have ever felt cotton paper, you know how luxurious this is!
5. Scentsational Soaps will be on site displaying their amazing spa products. Not only will you be able to check out her incredible soaps but they also offer bath salts, salt glows, lip balms, foot butter, body butter, bath melts, and soap petals, all of which are handmade with natural ingredients.
6. And lastly, you will leave Backstage Bridal with an incredible resource. Our very own Tami Brown host and co-founding LA Wedding Planners has written and created the Backstage Bridal Survival Guide, which is a wedding planning binder chock filled with insider tips, worksheets, checklists and more is printed on 100% recycled paper and provided to you in eco-friendly totes that you can use to carry and store all of your wedding plans.
Even more "green" surprises await you at Backstage Bridal so reserve your ticket today so you won't miss out! Click HERE to RSVP!